Sunday, May 27, 2012

Celebrating a Year with Baby Number Two

One year ago today, our lives took a permanent change for the better - Baby number two was "born" into our family. On May 27, 2011, he came into our lives first as our foster child, seven months later, as our forever child. He has changed our world so much. He is such a happy baby. His smile is infectious to all those around him. He is so quiet that most times when he is being ornery you aren't even aware that he is :) which can be interesting! His favorite words right now are "Hi, Hi!" He loves balls and jumping. He is the most loving child, loves to cuddle, and hug and kiss. He is very tenderhearted.

God gave me my "baby" in him. He still looks like baby at almost two. He is small for his age and hasn't quite made it into little boy mode yet. He isn't talking much, just babbling. He is finally getting most of his teeth, but just recently. It is a gift really to have a baby this long. It's ok that he is turning into a little boy, it's time for that, but I've appreciated the extra time with a baby.

He fit into our family so well, adapting to all the changes so well. He and his big brother get along quite well and sometimes just like brothers :). He is willing to go with the flow no matter what goes on and is happy while doing it.

This child definitely was born in my heart, maybe not my body. But I cannot imagine life without him in it as a part of our family. He is in my lap as I write "helping" me.

Both of our boys are truly special hand-picked blessings from God! We couldn't have ever picked better for ourselves. This baby has given us so many reasons to smile. It has been a year of watching him grow and truly knowing the joy only a child can bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment